SMC Pneumatics Sensors & Switches
SMC Pneumatics has a wide range of sensors & switching products to suit end user needs. Whether digital, analogue, mechanical or electronic, remote or integrated the SMC range of switches and sensors is able to meet even the most demanding industrial environments & applications.
SMC Digital Pressure Switches
SMC digital pressure switches with integrated display allow for current pressure readings to be displayed at all times. Depending on the product selected, high precision switches are suitable for various fluids and have either switch or analogue outputs. For simple and easy adjustment, setting keys are built into the front panel.
- Pressure range: vacuum, compound and positive pressure up to 150 bar
- Applicable fluids: Air and various liquids
- 2-Colour display: display changes colour at set point
- Integrity rating: Up to IP67
- Port sizes: M5 to 1/4 including One-touch and special application threads
SMC Digital Pressure Switches with Remote Display
SMC digital pressure switches with remote display types of pressure and vacuum switch removes the control module from the sensor, allowing access to the display and setting functions. This is ideally useful for where the controller is being read from an inaccessible part of the machine and where the control panel is integrated in the machine.
In the case of multi channel controllers, a single controller monitor up to 4 pressure sensors. Similar to the integrated display type of switch, high precision switches are suitable for various fluids and have either switch or analogue outputs.
- Pressure range: vacuum, compound and positive pressure up to 10bar
- Applicable fluids: Air and various liquids
- Remote controller: Single or multiple-channel
- Integrity rating: Up to IP65 for stainless steel sensor
- Port sizes: M3 to 1/4 including push-in and special application threads
SMC Digital Pressure Switches without Display
SMC stand alone pressure and vacuum switches use solid state electronics for fast and accurate response. Requiring very little installation space, the ZSE/ISE switches can be integrated with ZM, ZX/ZR vacuum systems. SMC air checker are extremely compact pressure and vacuum detectors with push in connections, while the SMC ZSP1 adsorption confirmation switch is ideally suited to very small work piece detection. The SMC ISA2 air catch sensor is a dedicated tolerance measurement instrument with accuracy ratings of 0.01mm and an overall detection range of 0.01 mm to 0.5mm.
- Pressure range: Vacuum, low pressure and positive pressure up to 10bar
- Outputs: PNP or NPN
- Applicable fluids: Air and non-corrosive gas
- Integrity rating: Up to IP66
- Port sizes: M5 to 1/8 and 6mm push-in
SMC Mechanical Pressure Switches
SMC mechanical range of pressure switches is simple, easy to use and ideally used for application requiring basic pressure checking.
The compact IS1000 and the IS3000 are suitable for switching positive pressure of air and inert gases. Due to the rugged construction of the ISG, it is ideal for harsh environments and heavy duty machinery.
- Pressure range: Vacuum and positive pressure up to 10bar
- Applicable fluids: Air and various non-corrosive liquids
- Connection sizes: 1/8 to 3/8
- Indication: bright LED
- Body materials: Various body materials from which to choose
SMC Digital Flow Switches
SMC Digital flow switches ensure high accuracy, precise control and easy reading of displayed flow rates. SMC flow switches are suited to air, water, de-ionised water and chemicals and can measure flow rates as well as accumulative flow quantities.
Outputs form these units include two switched outputs as well as analogue output in either volts or milli-amps, while some models have colour changing displays for quick easy condition identification. SMC Digital flow switches measure across the entire flow range and not just at the set points like most mechanical switches (Used for system monitoring and failure predication).
- Applicable fluids: Air, water, de-ionised water and chemicals
- Connection sizes: M5 to 2
- Display: Bright LED display, with 2-colour in certain models
- Fluid temperature: Up to 90°C in high temperature model
- Pressure range: vacuum to 10bar
SMC Mechanical Flow Switches
SMC Mechanical switches are ideal for flow detection and confirmation of water and non-corrosive liquids. For more corrosive liquids, non-ferrous and stainless steel option is available. Paddle style flow switches are suited to pipe sizes from 3/4 up to 6B while the more sensitive Diaphragm Flow Switch is available up to 3/4.
- Applicable fluids: Water and various liquids
- Connection sizes: 3/8 to 3/4 for Diaphragm Series and 3/4 and 1 for Paddle Series
- Flow rates: 1 l/min to 2600 l/min
- Switch rating: Output switched up to 250VAC or 250VDC
- Maximum pressure: 10bar